[Xastir] One more question

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 29 17:19:26 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Bennett, Joe wrote:

> What is this telling me???
>

>    Class: XmTextField
>     Character '\40' not supported in font.  Discarded.
>
> Warning:
>     Name: create_appshell text_output
>     Class: XmTextField
>     Character '\163' not supported in font.
> Discarded.

Isn't it obvious?  hi hi

I get the same thing at home with SuSE 9.1.  At work on SuSE 9.0 I
don't.

I think it has to do with some more fonts that need loading so that
X11 is happy.  Just a guess.  I tried the "export LANG=en_US" thing
and it didn't help.  Should probably try "LANG=C" as well, but I
don't expect it to work for this either.

X11 is trying to load some character out of a font selected and the
font doesn't have it.  Perhaps some of the font definitions changed
in the latest stuff.