[Xastir] Draw CAD Objects

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue May 10 16:06:40 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 03:56:18PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <dlmarti at kc2lcf.net> flavor, containing:
> Is Draw CAD Object implemented?
> I can't find documentation on it, and no amount of playing produces
> anything.

There is a basic cad object functionality implemented by Curt a while back.
You can draw polygons.

Right-click on "Start Draw Mode".  MIDDLE-CLICK (or chord-click) to set
a vertex.  Right click on "Close Polygon" to close the polygon you're currently
drawing.  Right click on "End Draw Mode" when you're done drawing all your
polygons.

The polygons will persist across restarts of xastir.  The intended use of
this feature was for drawing segmented search areas in SAR work.

I had planned to revamp that to make it have more "draw-y" functions, but
have been unable to get a sufficient number of round tuits, and the thing I
wanted to do with such a feature seems easier to do by having some external
program generate shapefiles for me.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
  worth the effort." -- Norton Juster