[Xastir] Draw CAD Objects

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 11 13:54:24 EDT 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 03:56:18PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <dlmarti at kc2lcf.net> flavor, containing:
> > Is Draw CAD Object implemented?
> > I can't find documentation on it, and no amount of playing produces
> > anything.
>
> There is a basic cad object functionality implemented by Curt a while back.
> You can draw polygons.
>
> Right-click on "Start Draw Mode".  MIDDLE-CLICK (or chord-click) to set
> a vertex.  Right click on "Close Polygon" to close the polygon you're currently
> drawing.  Right click on "End Draw Mode" when you're done drawing all your
> polygons.
>
> The polygons will persist across restarts of xastir.  The intended use of
> this feature was for drawing segmented search areas in SAR work.
>
> I had planned to revamp that to make it have more "draw-y" functions, but
> have been unable to get a sufficient number of round tuits, and the thing I
> wanted to do with such a feature seems easier to do by having some external
> program generate shapefiles for me.

I had intended to get back to that and make it more CAD-like as
well, but haven't found the time.

See README.Getting-Started, "Various ways to manipulate Xastir:"
section for info on which keys and mouse buttons do what for the
various modes Xastir can be put into.  That section was added a
month or two back.