[Xastir] 1.5 woes on OSX

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Thu May 12 14:23:09 EDT 2005

Luc,

I downloaded 1.5.0 and it built with no problem.  I've since done a
cvs update and I'm running 1.5.1 with no problems.  The Tiger update
did not update X11 so nothing on your system should have changed.
One thing that did change is that Apple installed gcc 4.0 in addition
to gcc 3.3.  However I have built Xastir with both and haven't seen
any difference.  Here is a screen shot of 1.5.1 running under OS X
10.4.  http://n1ofz.connares.org/APRS/xastir151

However, a long time ago I had a similar problem.  Where did you
build Xastir and what did you compile into it?  Are you compiling
from xterm or terminal.app?
My problem was Xastir needed to be told explicitly where many of the
libraries were.  This ended up being due to having different
environmental values in xterm vs. terminal.app.  did you use fink to
install stuff like ImageMagick?  If so make sure path looks something
like this: PATH=/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/
X11R6/bin

Dana
N1OFZ