[Xastir] 1.5 woes on OSX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 12 14:02:38 EDT 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Luc Doré VA2KSH wrote:

> Good evening to all,
>
> Unfortunately, the migration to 1.5 isn't doing too well.  Much like
> Bruce's message from two days ago, the build succeeds well and once
> installed, the debug level of 16 displays several hundred times the
> message "Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback".
> No other intriguing messages are on the log.
>
> The window does open up, but the render of the screen items
> (excluding the map) is not complete.  No actions can be performed,
> zooming, menu items, etc....
>
> I am so glad to tar up a backup copy of my functional 1.4.2 before
> deleting everything and 'make'ing 1.5

There's not much difference between any of the 1.4.2 versions and
the 1.5.0 version.  Definitely not any differences that affect the
widget callbacks.

I suspect you've got problems with your particular automake/autoconf
tools (either too new, too old, or not matched with each other), or
you've got header files that don't match your libraries that are
being found on your system somewhere.

If you've made no changes other than switching to the 1.5.0 code,
check your automake/autoconf versions.  Also try running
"./bootstrap.sh" again, then "./configure" and "make install" as
usual to see if that fixes things for you.  Perhaps the "configure"
script that comes with 1.5.0 doesn't work on your particular system.
By starting at the "./bootstrap.sh" step you create one from scratch
that might be better suited to your system.