[Xastir] TM-D700A with a Mac

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri May 13 11:52:28 EDT 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, John Laxson wrote:

> It works beautifully.  I use an IOGear GUC232A USB-Serial adapter.
> Configure Xastir for a "Serial TNC w/GPS on AUX port".  If you use
> the IOGear, the serial port will be either /dev/cu.usbserial or /dev/
> cu.usbserial0.  Set the TNC config files to tnc-startup.d700 and tnc-
> stop.d700 and you'll be in good shape.

Be _real_ picky about your USB-Serial adapter.  Some have been
reported to work great, others not so great.  I've seen Keyspan
listed in the "great" category, Belkin in the "not-so-great".  I
don't use USB myself, so have no direct experience.  Just ask around
before you buy adapters.  Verify they work before you buy if you
can, or make sure they have a good return/exchange policy.