[Xastir] Delimitative list of dependencies ?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Sat May 14 13:06:28 EDT 2005

I think one of the most useful things would be a statically linked
binary.  That way, no support packages really needed.  You'd need
fonts, but if you have X you have fonts.  Most everything else could be
bundled with the static xastir binary.  No upgrades other packages
would break your binary.  t might even survive several OS upgrades -
some of my SPARC binaries have lasted longer than I expected.

I (briefly) tried a static link on OS X, but some of the support
packages provided only shared libraries (can't remember what, right
now).

-Jason
kg4wsv