[Xastir] How to install on SUSE 9.2 (done)

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun May 15 12:38:42 EDT 2005

Here is my contribution to the INSTALL or REAME file

Contributed by Andrew Rich (VK4TEC)

Packages need to be installed for XASTIR to install on SUSE 9.2

** Order is important

Each file came from ftp.suse.com

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/suse/i586

gcc-3.3.4-11.i586.rpm
glibc-devel-2.3.3.rpm
openmotif-devel-2.2.3-6.1.i586.rpm
freetype2-devel-2.1.9-3.i586.rpm
fontconfig-devel-2.2.96.20040728-9.i586.rpm
xorg-x11-devel-6.8.1-15.4.i586.rpm

For each file, as user root issue "rpm -ivh <file>"

The gcc parts will complain as "cannot find a suitable compiler" during install
The open motif will complain as "cannot find motif" during install
The free type and fontconfig are needed by xorg-x11-devel
The xorg-x11-devel will complain as "X11 not loaded" during install

Hope this helps - I will tackle image magic support next.

Cheers Andy VK4TEC