[Xastir] Xastir 1.5.0 general questions

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Sun May 15 18:46:23 EDT 2005

Ive got some general questions about Xastir.. Ive read as many documents as
I can find but sill can not find these answers..

1:  What file do I need to edit to make my Igate to RF?? Ive found some info
on NWS gating but nothing else much .

2:  The server. Ive found the Enable server button there. How does this work
? What Port is the server on ?
    I just want to use it as a local server on my LAN.

3:  The TNC startup files are there but how do I tell Xastir which startup
file to use for a KISS TNC ? I see it does
    have a enable KISS option in the interface setup for a KISS TNC but that
does not seem to work as yet. I think
    I recall seeing this discussed recently as a yet non funtional option..

4:  Can we change the retry timing on the message sending somewhere in the
config ? Its good to be able to do this .
    Sometimes our  network is configured for fast message turnaround and
fast retries like 10 seconds are good but
    most of the time 20-30 seconds is best. Maybee Xastir works on some sort
of decaying algorthym with this but I
    cant see just how as yet.

Tony Hunt VK5AH