[Xastir] Xastir 1.5.0 general questions

vk5zty at bigpond.com vk5zty at bigpond.com
Mon May 16 01:46:43 EDT 2005

Try looking in

File -> Configure -> Defaults

To enable the Igate to RF.

In Interfaces - > Interface Control.   Choose Add.  Then select select the interface
your require.  Internet Server.  Choose your host, port and filter if required.

i.e second.aprs.net.au  then the port of your choice.

The other options are self explanatory.

There is also the option to allow you to act as a server as opposed to connecting to
an igate which is really all you want to do (I think).

I normally use the ax25 tnc, but lately have been using a kiss tnc on the FC3 box.

I note you are using xastir 1.5 so kiss support is definitely there.

I leave my tnc in kiss mode full time so I do not worry about a start up file etc
go go from command mode to kiss mode.

HTH

Cheers

John