[Xastir] A minor miracle.....and another issue with gpsd....

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 23 13:51:06 EDT 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Richard E. Polivka wrote:

> It seems that when I forced the leading zero, xastir decoded correctly.

I tracked one of these problems down to util.c:convert_lat_s2l() and
convert_lon_s2l() functions.  They assume 2 and 3 digits
respectively for the degrees portion of the input string.  I'll fix
them so that they're more flexible w.r.t. input formats.  That
should fix the lat/long problem you're having.

These functions are used for the local GPS functions and in many
other places.  I suspect they're used for the gpsd receive functions
as well but haven't verified that.

I'm trying to stay away from using the *scanf family of functions as
those can cause a lot of trouble due to localization issues.  Things
like ',' being used instead of '.' in numbers, stuff like that.