[Xastir] A minor miracle.....and another issue with gpsd....

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri May 27 13:07:33 EDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Richard E. Polivka wrote:

> Even the supplied XGPS program has the too high speed displayed when I
> use it. This is even after I have done the mod, if I remember correctly.
> So, IMHO, the bug is in gpsd, not the GPS.
>
> I will get a three second sample of sentences direct from the GPS. I
> will then try and get samples after GPSD has massaged them. I think that
> GPSD is working the unit in binary mode and decoding the resultant
> sentences wrong.

With the latest-latest Xastir CVS code, does it solve your problems
with positioning?  Does it work properly if you hook that GPS to a
serial port instead of gpsd?

I'm just curious whether there are remaining bugs in the Xastir GPS
parsing code, and whether I can close the bug report on SourceForge
about it.