[Xastir] A minor miracle.....and another issue with gpsd....

Richard E. Polivka r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 23 19:08:35 EDT 2005

Curt,

Even the supplied XGPS program has the too high speed displayed when I
use it. This is even after I have done the mod, if I remember correctly.
So, IMHO, the bug is in gpsd, not the GPS.

I will get a three second sample of sentences direct from the GPS. I
will then try and get samples after GPSD has massaged them. I think that
GPSD is working the unit in binary mode and decoding the resultant
sentences wrong.

---
Richard E. Polivka, N6NKO

*** Never meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they
*** are easily angered, and you are crunchy and taste
*** good with lemon sauce.