[Xastir] A minor miracle.....and another issue with gpsd....

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 23 14:25:31 EDT 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Richard E. Polivka wrote:

> Well, the value ended up being 30 and it is dividing the value that is
> being put into the $GPRMC sentence for land speed. At least is close
> enough for jazz and 40 MPH on the speedo read out at 38 on xastir (that
> ratio is correct for that speed). At least progress is being made on
> this end.

You previously sent some example GPGGA sentences, but I haven't seen
any GPRMC sentences from your GPS or from gpsd using your setup.
Can you send an example or two?

GPGGA sentences have altitude but no speed/course.  GPRMC has
speed/course but no altitude.  I think I may have GPGGA functioning
ok now for your (somewhat screwy) GPS, but the speed/course parsing
may need some tweaking now.