[Xastir] It's mighty windy here.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue May 24 14:15:27 EDT 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Bruce, KQ4TV wrote:

> I am using an Peet Brothers Ultimeter II connected to my Mac Mini
> running Xastir.
> My station is reporting that it is a blustery day of 76 degrees F. and
> the wind is gusting to 403 mph.
> Since my station continues to report changes in both wind speed and
> temperature either my house and ham station are built better than I
> thought or there may be something wrong somewhere.

Best guess is that you're located on Venus or perhaps Jupiter?  Yea,
I watch the Science Channel way too much...

More info please:

What mode is the Ultimeter II in (sentence type)?

What are the true readings, are you at 76F and 40mph or so, or is
the wind calm and your temperature reading something different as
well?

What version of Xastir?  WX station serially connected or connected
via a network connection?