[Xastir] newb alert more info errors

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue May 31 15:01:31 EDT 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 6:49 AM, Marten Beels wrote:

> Ok, this is the dialog that I get when starting
> xastir:
>
> Built-in map types:
> gnis USGS GNIS Datapoints
> map APRSdos Maps
> map WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
> pdb PocketAPRS Maps
>
> Support for these additional map types has been
> compiled in:
> geo Image Map (ImageMagick library, many formats
> allowed)
> geo URL (Internet maps via wget)
> xpm X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)

You'll see this every time xastir starts.  normal behavior.

> Found out-of-range or non-existant value (1) for
> TIGERMAP_TIMEOUT in config file , changing to 90
>
> Found out-of-range or non-existent value (1) for
> TIGERMAP_SHOW_GRID in config file, changing to 0
>
> Found out-of-range or non-existent value (1) for
> TIGERMAP_SHOW_COUNTIES in config file, changing to 1
>
> [Then there are a whole bunch of other out-of-range or
> non-existant values, all for TIGERMAP.]

This indicates you have an old, corrupt, or nonexistent configuration
file, and these values are being assigned their defaults.

> draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
> Warning:
> Name: Map_properties list
> Class: XmList
> XmListDeselectPos(1) : item not found in selectedItems

I don't know about this one.  it looks like an actual error.

One important thing you didn't mention:  are you having problems, and
if so, what are they?  sorry if you mentioned earlier, but this is a
new thread...

-Jason
kg4wsv