[Xastir] Fw: Damn SMALL Linux

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 18 14:51:19 EDT 2006

More than likely the DSL version of Xastir doesn't have KISS because the kernel for DSL doesn't have AX.25 support.  The elimination of both would save space.

I've taken a look at DSL and was unable to, even with a hard drive install, get enough extra pieces of stuff installed to allow compiling from scratch.

If there's any notation or information about the pre-complied Xastir, you might look at that and see if there is an "author" listed who you can contact about seeing if a newer version of the program can be obtained from them.  However, even the latest version may not work for you if the DSL kernel doesn't have AX.25 and your TNC requires KISS.

Dave
KD7MYC