[Xastir] Fw: Damn SMALL Linux

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Aug 19 11:06:07 EDT 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, David Flood wrote:

> More than likely the DSL version of Xastir doesn't have KISS
> because the kernel for DSL doesn't have AX.25 support.  The
> elimination of both would save space.

No, 'cuz the "Serial KISS TNC" interface in Xastir is stand-alone,
it doesn't depend on any support from the kernel.  You can run it on
Cygwin/Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, HP/UX, Linux, whatever.  It only
requires a usable serial port with a KISS TNC attached.

It's not the same as Xastir's AX.25 TNC interface which would
require kernel AX.25 support and as far as I know would only work
against properly configured Linux kernels.

It sounds like the reason he is missing the interface in that Xastir
is 'cuz the version is so old.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer