[Xastir] Igate to RF configs

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sat Aug 26 06:54:28 EDT 2006

After three days of searching documents and the web for the answer to my
problem I feel it's time to ask for help.

I'm trying to configure an Igate to forward from the internet to our
local RF channel and not having a lot of success.

So far what I've managed to do is get specific callsigns and a mail_for
beacon to make the journey, these being entries in
data/nws-stations.txt. I also have entries in there for WX, BEACON and
about half a dozen more "standard packet destinations" as per a TAPR
document but none of these are being forwarded.

Is there any way to configure using wildcards for callsigns (say VK2*,
etc), and what does one do about things like satellites and events of
mother nature? Am I missing something somewhere?

I'd like to forward the majority of what I see from the internet (VK, ZL
, satellites, weather events) onto the local 2m channel. Before anyone
jumps down my throat, the local 2m channel currently has 1 user and I'm
in a radio isolated part of the state, so the traffic generated won't be
a problem but, hopefully, it might stir up some renewed interest.

I ran UI-View, forwarding almost everything, for a couple of days, and
the traffic generated on the RF port was quite tolerable.

Before anyone says RTFM, I've read every document that came with the
xastir package and spent three days searching the internet for help.

Help .... please!

Ray vk2tv