[Xastir] New D700/D7 Options, Send Message dialog

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 28 15:39:05 EDT 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, John Ronan wrote:

> That is sweet, EI8JA thinks so as well  :)
>
> Works on both of them...THD7 is perfect, the TMD-700 is short on the
> bottom line, but I assume that is by design.. the last character in
> the message window is a few (2 or 3) spaces in from the right on the
> bottom.

TM-D700A is supposed to be like this:

    22
    22
    20

TH-D7A is supposed to be like this:

    12
    12
    12
     9

Let me know if either can handle more characters, but those formats
are what I've been told so far.

I added another option for sending to a HamHUD, assuming that it's a
4x20 LCD display.  HamHUD can take 20 characters on one screen, then
if there are more characters in the message it will scroll them
across the bottom.  For this reason I have two boxes, one of 20 and
one of 47 chars if you pick the HamHUD option:

    20
    47

The next question I suppose is:  Should we automatically choose one
of these formats for sending, if we believe the remote station is
one of these three types (with the option to override the
selection), or leave it at the default and let the sender choose
manually every time?