[Xastir] New D700/D7 Options, Send Message dialog

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Mon Aug 28 16:27:59 EDT 2006

> TM-D700A is supposed to be like this:
>
>     22
>     20
I think this was fine.. it looked to be two in from the right on the
bottom...
> TH-D7A is supposed to be like this:
>
>     12
>     12
>     12
>      9

Looks perfect.
> Let me know if either can handle more characters, but those formats
> are what I've been told so far.

I don't think either could handle any more.

> I added another option for sending to a HamHUD, assuming that it's a
> 4x20 LCD display.  HamHUD can take 20 characters on one screen, then
> if there are more characters in the message it will scroll them
> across the bottom.  For this reason I have two boxes, one of 20 and
> one of 47 chars if you pick the HamHUD option:
>
>     20
>     47

Cool, don't have one, so someone else will have to check this.

> The next question I suppose is:  Should we automatically choose one
> of these formats for sending, if we believe the remote station is
> one of these three types (with the option to override the
> selection), or leave it at the default and let the sender choose
> manually every time?
Personally, I think its a reasonable thing to do, others might argue
differently.

Now, something else happened.. I had the TH-D7 on when I sent the
message to the TM-D700.  Xastir crashed when the reply came back from
both the TM-D700 and the TH-D7.

Regards
de John
EI7IG