[Xastir] New D700/D7 Options, Send Message dialog

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 19:41:38 EDT 2006

On 8/28/06, John Ronan <jronan at tssg.org> wrote:
> > I added another option for sending to a HamHUD, assuming that it's a
> > 4x20 LCD display.  HamHUD can take 20 characters on one screen, then
> > if there are more characters in the message it will scroll them
> > across the bottom.  For this reason I have two boxes, one of 20 and
> > one of 47 chars if you pick the HamHUD option:
> >
> >     20
> >     47
> >
> Cool, don't have one, so someone else will have to check this.

I can check it as I have a HH2.

I would caution against using anything other than 20 however.

The HH will scroll the message if it's greater than 20 characters, but
it only does it on reception.  It will store the message in an
"inbox", but it will only store the first 20 characters (the rest is
lost).  Thus if you don't actually see the message come across or
can't divert your attention at the time the message comes in, the
characters above 20 are lost.

Send a message to KB0KQA-5.  I can verify that it made it later this
evening when I'm back in the vehicle.  Also feel free to send a
message while I'm in transit (approx 2300CT).