[Xastir] Log files

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 29 07:28:10 EDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> I'm not sure what exactly happened, but when I upgraded to the most
> recent CVS, the default names for the log files got erased from the
> config file and not replaced.  I restarted several times, but it didn't
> recreate the names in the xastir.cnf.  I had to hand edit the config
> file to put the names back in there.
>
> Also while the names were blank, it apparently does no checking for
> blank filenames, so it kept printing errors to stderr telling me that it
> couldn't write the file. /home/general/.xastir/

I just tested this with an alternate config ("-c path/file").  If
the lines are in there but the path/file is blank, then the
operation is as you describe.  If the "LOGFILE_TNC:" etc. lines are
removed from the config file entirely, then Xastir will recreate
them with defaults the next time it is run.

I suppose we should check them for the empty string though and
recreate them in that case as well.  More than likely there are
other strings that should also be handled in a similar manner.