[Xastir] Upgrading Xastir?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Aug 29 09:59:48 EDT 2006

On Aug 29, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV wrote:

> I am still hesitant to use cvs with other products because their
> documentation on how to best use cvs with their product is lacking.

I'm hesitant to use cvs with other products because their code is less
likely to be stable. (:

The xastir developers have spoiled us; the latest xastir via CVS is
nearly always 100% reliable.  For those of you who haven't dealt with
other projects, this is not always the case.

If you've got a working xastir 1.7, then using cvs to get the latest
code and simply leaving everything else on your system alone is
probably going to work out just fine.

If you've got weird stuff happening with words on the menus getting
truncated, maybe you've got font issues, or maybe it's related to the
lesstif vs. openmotif problems (IIRC, lesstif is the less desirable
option), but I'm just guessing.  If you want to upgrade xastir anyway,
upgrade it and see if the problem is still there.

-Jason
kg4wsv