[Xastir] Crash and Restore

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Sun Dec 3 01:47:40 EST 2006

I meant to send this to the list, not Curt!

Someday I'll get used to this nutso addressing?

Curt Mills wrote:
> I'm working on that last one.  I just found a segfault bug but the
> bug is in my standard (non-LSB) Xastir as well so it's not
> LSB-specific.  I'm trying to figure out a fix for that one now.
>
> Once the LSB-Xastir is packaged up in an RPM file, it'll be this
> easy to install Xastir on any LSB-3.0 compliant Linux system:
>
>     rpm -U lsb-xastir-1.8.5.rpm
>
> Then run it like this:
>
>     /opt/lsb-xastir/bin/xastir &

Hi Curt,

Yes, I'm keeping my eye on this work of yours.

Debian based users will need Alien to convert the RPM to a .deb package,
but it works, or did for me two years ago.

And with all the cvs BS I'm going through, LSB looks like a good
alternative, knock, knock.

Though I can't blame cvs, my problems are probably loose nuts behind the
controls?

73
--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)