[Xastir] Xastir Sounds

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 4 10:11:30 EST 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Free doesn't mean that I can distribute it with other software
> though.  I'd have to see the license that they distribute it under.
>
> I do see that they encourage people to download these sounds to
> their own site and such, but still, I have to be careful about this.
> Sorry.

Something like this would work, found by doing a Google search
looking for "thunder.wav", "open source", etc.

  http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/searchText.php

Type "thunder" into the search box on the right and several
possibilities show up.  Pick the best sounding one to you and let me
know which one it is.  I'll snag it and add it to the package on
SourceForge.  It looks like everything up there is released under
the Creative Commons license, so we're good to go.

We could probably use new wav files for the rest of the files too as
I don't know where they initially came from.  If you care to find
replacements for the rest, feel free.

We'll have to include a license file in the package but that's no
big deal and the proper way to do things.