[Xastir] New lsb-xastir binary available

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 4 10:54:05 EST 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Actually, it looks like this just disables a signal, so one could
> look through the libcurl source code, figure out which signal it
> uses, add a signal handler to Xastir for it, and forget about this
> thing once and for all.

The docs say this:

  "CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL

  Pass a long. If it is non-zero, libcurl will not use any functions
  that install signal handlers or any functions that cause signals
  to be sent to the process. This option is mainly here to allow
  multi-threaded unix applications to still set/use all timeout
  options etc, without risking getting signals. (Added in 7.10)
  Consider building libcurl with ares support to enable asynchronous
  DNS lookups. It enables nice timeouts for name resolves without
  signals."

So...  I suspect any libcurl older than version 7.10 may cause
segfaults in Xastir if there are DNS timeouts.  Xastir is a
multiprocess and multi-threaded Unix application and we use signals
internally, probably some of the same ones that libcurl is trying to
use.

I guess we should check the libcurl version number and refuse to use
it if it is earlier than 7.10, plus enable the

    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, 1);

option in all cases?  Comments?