[Xastir] New lsb-xastir binary available

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 4 11:09:11 EST 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I guess we should check the libcurl version number and refuse to use
> it if it is earlier than 7.10, plus enable the
>
>     curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, 1);
>
> option in all cases?  Comments?

Here's a bit more about it:

    http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2002-12/0103.html

It looks like we risk hanging for a long time on a slow DNS resolve
if we disable this signal for libcurl.

Our hostname.c does similar things with setting the ALARM and doing
a siglongjmp() in the case of a timeout.  That's probably the exact
point where libcurl code conflicts with our Xastir code.