[Xastir] Maps, Defaults, and Chooser

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 6 12:26:24 EST 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Steve Friis wrote:

> I use auto maps. I have two main configurations. The first is set up in
> Auto maps. The second  configuration I have set  up as selected  maps.
> Turning on  auto maps disables the regular selected  maps, so they don't
> show up  in the display. I thought this was a great feature.
>
> > Auto Maps should perhaps be turned off by default though (or removed
> > from the code).  What do people think?
> >
> Turning auto maps on  or off doesn't matter,  just PLEASE don't remove
> the feature.

Ah, I see what you're doing.  I hadn't thought of doing that
exactly.

Now...  Should we eventually implement a MapSet feature, where you
can select different groups of maps at once (and probably a
different set of properties for each), would you then migrate to the
new system or would you still be missing something you need?

The only thing I can see the Auto Maps buying somebody right now is
a way to not have to go in and change your selected maps as you move
around, but you can do the same by selecting all maps at once in the
Map Chooser.