[Xastir] Maps, Defaults, and Chooser

Steve Friis wm5z at comcast.net
Wed Dec 6 15:30:53 EST 2006

Chip G. wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2006, at 09:57, Steve Friis wrote:
>
>> For me, 1000 is my bottom most layer. I use layers up to 99999.
>> Weather is put at 2000, so that state and county boundaries show on
>> top of the weather data. This allows me to be able to see exactly
>> where the storms are in relation to other features.
>
> Sounds like that may be where I'm headed too.
>
>>> Once your config problem is sorted out you shouldn't ever have it
>>> get auto-selected again.  Oh, perhaps you have Auto Maps still
>>> turned on.  Once map levels got implemented I've never used that
>>> option.  We should perhaps consider entirely removing it from the code.
>>
>> I use auto maps. I have two main configurations. The first is set up
>> in Auto maps. The second  configuration I have set up as selected
>> maps. Turning on  auto maps disables the regular selected  maps, so
>> they don't show up  in the display. I thought this was a great feature.
>
> I guess I'm not understanding what is being said here. I always
> thought of Automaps as the method of turning on or off a map. Is my
> perspective wrong?
>
> -- Chip
There are two ways that I am aware of to turn on and off maps. You seem
to have a grasp of the first method. If Auto Maps is unselected under
the <maps> tool bar, any maps selected in the <maps<map selector> tool
bar will now be enabled.

Probably a poor explanation, and if you need more info, I will try to help.