[Xastir] Ubuntstir?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Dec 9 14:29:21 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:10:29PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n2diy at losch.net> flavor, containing:
> I felt sort of left out with all this talk of building Xastir RPMs and
> stuff, what about us Debian users? Sure we can filter RPMs through
> Alien, and get .debs, but that's a hassle.
>
> So I was pleased to find this info, how to build your own Ubuntu custom
> install CDs.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization

That is interesting.

Between the Ubuntu live CD that John Ronan's doing, the LSB build, the VMware
virtual machines, and this, it should be possible to make getting xastir up
and running really quick and easy.  Still, what I'm finding in preparing for
my presentation tomorrow (at which I intend to distribute localized xastir
virtual machines to interested parties) is that it still takes a fair amount
of documentation to explain how to run xastir, even after making it really
easy to install.  Still, I'll see in the coming weeks if I can win any hearts
and minds over to this software by spending time up front to make it easier
to obtain.