[Xastir] Ubuntstir?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 10 13:32:56 EST 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> I've been wanting for a long time to create standalone .deb's of the latest
> Xastir and serve them up in my own repository, but I'll be the first to
> admit that it was a little over my head and I never really got anywhere with
> it. They make some really good tools to assist in this process, but not
> being a developer and reading through the docs is like reading something
> written in russian.
>
> I could have a repository up and running on my hosted server no problem if
> we could just figure out how to package these in .deb format for us
> Ubuntu/Debian users........a

You could take the LSB binary package I put up for download, which
installs in "/opt/Xastir", and create a .DEB package for it.

I plan to keep it up-to-date just like the SuSE binaries there,
putting out a new version each two weeks for the devel snapshots and
of course each stable release as well.

I'm still hoping to get an RPM package done for it but haven't had
the time to go after that yet.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer