[Xastir] Need Feedback: CVS, plus LSB Xastir info

Greg Eigsti greg at eigsti.com
Thu Dec 14 18:33:35 EST 2006

I took a look at the PPC side of OS X and have the following notes.

Summary
GOOD - xastir now picks up ImageMagick on OS X PPC without hacking the
configure script.
GOOD - xastir built with ImageMagick appears to boot/run correctly
GOOD - --with-rtree enables rtree indexing
BAD - configure will recognize GraphicsMagick but it requires hacking
configure ('darwin=YES' hack)
BAD - building with GraphicsMagick still fails
BAD - I can no longer get map caching support

Additional Notes
cannot get map caching enabled using either
    --with-bdb-include=/opt/local/include/db42
    --with-bdb-include=/usr/local/include/db42
    This used to work with this switch

Building with ImageMagick succeeds, though I do see quite a bit of
-I/opt/local/include/GraphicsMagick during the build, hmmmmm

More later, on to getting some (paid) work done ;)  And trying to get map
caching working ;) ;)

Greg