[Xastir] Xastir on SuSE 9.x

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Dec 14 18:37:51 EST 2006

I recently noticed that a local ham put a new station on the air running
Xastir 0.3.6-3.  I just wrote to him today asking why he was using such
an old version, and he explained that he is running SuSE 9.3 and can't
upgrade for whatever reason --- and the 0.3.6-3 version was the latest one he
could find an RPM for with all the dependencies.

Is there anyone here running SuSE 9.3 that could document the process for
getting xastir built on such a system with a minimum of source-code
installation?  I've already suggested that this fellow join the mailing list
and ask here, but if he doesn't feel comfortable doing that I'd still like to
help him get the info he needs.  Ideally, if someone knows how to do it,
they could post to the Wiki under the "Installation Notes" section and I can
just point him there.