[Xastir] Saved station tracklogs in shp format... another proposal.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Dec 15 13:52:17 EST 2006

Since nobody came up with a downside, I just made the change described below.

>From now on, if you have shapelib enabled and choose "store track" in the
station info dialog, the shapefile will have a "Label" field that has the
name of the station (or object) you saved in it.  There is a global "signature
based" dbfawk file that will label and render the map just the way it would
have before this change if you moved the shapefile to the GPS directory.  Now,
however, the shapefile's color and rendering will be determined by the dbfawk
file, not by the name of the file and the directory it's in.  Unless, of course,
you have dbfawk disabled in which case the old behavior will remain.

If you want to customize rendering of a stored track, just copy the global
dbfawk file from /usr/local/share/xastir/config/stored_track.dbfawk to the
same directory as the shapefile, give it the same base name as the shapefile
(e.g. "foo.dbfawk" to go with "foo.shp"), and customize away.  The local copy
will be used instead of the signature based one.

This should make it easier to do on-the-fly hackage with stored tracks, which
was more of a pain with the name-based version (as I discovered during an
xastir demo last weekend).

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 11:55:56PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing: