[Xastir] cygwin compile problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 15 14:09:20 EST 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, William McKeehan wrote:

> That seems to have fixed it.
>
> Is GraphicsMagick preferred? If so, I'll remove ImageMagick (I'm pretty sure
> I'm only using it for Xastir), install GraphicsMagick and try to rebuild that
> way.

It is preferred by me.  And by any other developer that's had to
suffer through the problems that ImageMagick has caused our projct.

Whether the GM support in Cygwin works with Xastir, I don't know.
GM support in Xastir is new this week.  If it doesn't, you can
always remove the GM package and reinstall the IM package.

BTW:  GM is a completely open-source fork of the IM code, and aims
for a stable API.  IM never really did and we bled a lot 'cuz of it.

> Is there something in cygwin that I need to keep back one revision level to
> make things work with Xastir? I was thinking that there was some discussion
> recently about something along these lines, but I don't remember the details.

There was a problem that was fixed, but I don't remember the details
now either.  I think you're good now though.