[Xastir] cygwin compile problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 15 14:17:27 EST 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, William McKeehan wrote:

> That seems to have fixed it.
>
> Is GraphicsMagick preferred? If so, I'll remove ImageMagick (I'm pretty sure
> I'm only using it for Xastir), install GraphicsMagick and try to rebuild that
> way.
>
> Is there something in cygwin that I need to keep back one revision level to
> make things work with Xastir? I was thinking that there was some discussion
> recently about something along these lines, but I don't remember the details.

It may be that you only have GraphicsMagick installed but the Cygwin
package installed links so that it appears to be ImageMagick as well.

In this particular case there's code in Xastir which might get
confused if you compile it in as ImageMagick.  We have some special
code that tries to figure out the IM library version and modify how
we call it, due to their REAL FUN CHANGING API!

GM is supposed to be at:
    */lib/libGraphicsMagick.so
    */include/GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h

IM is supposed to be at: