[Xastir] mac osx 10.4.8 Xastir 1.8.5 working here, mostly.

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Sat Dec 16 18:38:59 EST 2006

Got Xastir 1.8.5 working on an Intel MacBook pro, running 10.4.8, using
Darwin ports OpenMotif, GraphicsMagick, Libdb45.

Really rough notes here:

-----

Using OS install disk:
Install xcode tools
Install X dev stuff
Install X11

then, from net:

Install Darwinports

startup Xterm and:

sudo port Install OpenMotif
sudo port install GraphicsMagick
sudo port install db45

edit xastir aclocal.m4 to add 45 versions for libdb (ick, who thought
libdb was a good idea?)

re-ran bootstrap.sh

./configure  --with-bdb-libdir=/opt/local/lib/db45 \
             --with-bdb-incdir=/opt/local/include/db45

ran get-maptools.sh

sudo port install wget

(need to fix get-maptools.sh to check for existance of wget)

re-re-ran get-maptools.sh

Fixed tar definition in get-maptools.sh /usr/bin/tar

re-re-re-ran get-maptools.sh

Shapetools puked (lotsa errors, maybe a libtool issue, seen similar before
don't remember how I fixed it)

libgeotiff puked (unrecognized option -shared)

libgdal gave lotsa errors, but appeared to complete.

re did:

./configure CPPFLAGS=-DUSE_PID_FILE_CHECK --with-rtree \
        --with-bdb-libdir=/opt/local/lib/db45 \
        --with-bdb-incdir=/opt/local/include/db45

make
sudo make install

xastir started up and appears to be more or less doing its thing.  Am
seeing a couple weirdnesses with things like the Interfaces menu.  If I
stop an interface, it redraws the window with only the interface I just
stopped visible and a scroll bar to the right of that.  Ick.  Maybe a
lesstif vs Openmotif thing?  Which was the preferred one these days?

73,
N8ysz.

(and, yes, Curt, I'll log bugs, send fixes, post to the wiki, etc.  Wanted
to get this written out before it faded away)

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhaus.org