[Xastir] mac osx 10.4.8 Xastir 1.8.5 working here, mostly.

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Dec 16 20:39:59 EST 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Dan Brown wrote:

> Install Darwinports

> sudo port install GraphicsMagick
> sudo port install db45

Are GM and libDB are Darwinports versions, so they are in
"/opt/local/"  ??

> edit xastir aclocal.m4 to add 45 versions for libdb (ick, who thought
> libdb was a good idea?)

What was the change required?  Any way to make it be generic so one
wouldn't have to edit?

> re-ran bootstrap.sh
>
> ./configure  --with-bdb-libdir=/opt/local/lib/db45 \
>              --with-bdb-incdir=/opt/local/include/db45

So... If I added a check for /opt/local (and probably /sw) to the
libdb tests then it could auto-find libdb as well, right?

> sudo port install wget
>
> (need to fix get-maptools.sh to check for existance of wget)

Or use curl perhaps.  Or use either if installed.

> Fixed tar definition in get-maptools.sh /usr/bin/tar

'splain.  Wrong path?

> Shapetools puked (lotsa errors, maybe a libtool issue, seen similar before
> don't remember how I fixed it)

Can instead use the internal shapelib these days.

> libgeotiff puked (unrecognized option -shared)

For the optional libraries one might check out the config options in
the scripts/LSB* scripts to see how I got them done.  Wrote that
stuff recently with the latest packages.  Not all of the configure
flags will be correct for a non-LSB non-static installation, but
they're a starting point.

> xastir started up and appears to be more or less doing its thing.  Am
> seeing a couple weirdnesses with things like the Interfaces menu.  If I
> stop an interface, it redraws the window with only the interface I just
> stopped visible and a scroll bar to the right of that.  Ick.  Maybe a
> lesstif vs Openmotif thing?  Which was the preferred one these days?

I prefer OpenMotif, but I've heard of similar problems on either,
perhaps version dependent.

> (and, yes, Curt, I'll log bugs, send fixes, post to the wiki, etc.  Wanted
> to get this written out before it faded away)

Just trying to see if I can improve "configure" before I forget
about it and move on to the next thing.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer