[Xastir] cygwin compile problem

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Dec 18 09:50:39 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 06:46:38AM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > Apparently, though, GraphicsMagick is still in that state.  Either pitch
> > GraphicsMagick on Cygwin (if xastir's the only thing that's using it), downgrade
> > xorg to the previous version, or force xastir's configure script to ignore
> > the installed GraphicsMagick.
>
> Xastir's "configure" will automatically search out GraphicsMagick.
> If the tests fail it'll then search out ImageMagick, so no hacks
> necessary to get the operation you describe.

But it sounded like what was happening was that Xastir's configure was finding
GraphicsMagick, *NOT* failing during configure, not going on and using
ImageMagick, and then ultimately failing during the final link of Xastir.

Of course, that shouldn't happen if we're doing an AC_CHECK_LIB, which will
attempt a link --- those should catch the missing "dipstick" issue by failing
to link the conftest.  As long as that's what's happening, it's all good.  But
I thought I heard that it was bombing badly.  Perhaps I misread things.