[Xastir] cygwin compile problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 18 09:59:40 EST 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Tom Russo wrote:

> But it sounded like what was happening was that Xastir's configure was finding
> GraphicsMagick, *NOT* failing during configure, not going on and using
> ImageMagick, and then ultimately failing during the final link of Xastir.

This may have been a slightly earlier version of
configure.ac/acinclude.m4.  The latest versions of each should do
the failover just fine.

> Of course, that shouldn't happen if we're doing an AC_CHECK_LIB, which will
> attempt a link --- those should catch the missing "dipstick" issue by failing
> to link the conftest.  As long as that's what's happening, it's all good.  But
> I thought I heard that it was bombing badly.  Perhaps I misread things.

Without a system to test on I can't be sure.

Looks like we use AC_CHECK_PROG() to find "GraphicsMagick-config".
In the following section we use AC_CHECK_HEADERS() and
AC_CHECK_LIB(), but only if "darwin" isn't defined.  The comments
state that we don't want to use these additional functions on OSX
'cuz the standard macros won't find them.  The GM section is VERY
similar to the IM section immediately preceeding it.