[Xastir] cygwin compile problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 18 11:25:29 EST 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Tom Russo wrote:

> What with systems like LSB stuffing things in /opt that we might not actually
> want to find, I think it's not an optimum idea.

They go into /opt/<packagename>/lib, /opt/<packagename>/include,
etc.

> Adding a special-casing block at the top is almost as easy as adding the
> thing you suggest, and establishes a pattern for fleshing out with other
> special cases as needed (when, say, darfink comes out and starts dumping
> libraries in /optsw/ or whatever).

Roger.  I'll accept that.  My idea was simpler but may have led to
problems in the future.

So... On to the next question:

Does AC_CHECK_PROG(), which we use to find Magick-config,
GraphicsMagick-config, and gdal-config, also use one of the
environment variables for its path?  If so our code there can be
made simpler via the same method.  I can go hunt down the macro
later to check if need be.