[Xastir] Need Feedback: CVS, plus LSB Xastir info

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Mon Dec 18 14:50:46 EST 2006

On Dec 18, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Jason Winningham wrote:
>
>> on Mac OS X, depends on if fink, darwinports, or standard install is
>> used.  The base dir will be one of
>>
>> /sw
>> /opt
>> /usr/local
>
> Is this a correct and complete list?
>
> In particular, is it "/opt/local", or "/opt"?
>
> Are both "/opt/local" and "/opt" possible?
>
> I've got a new version of the configure files that checks in
> "/sw/bin", "/opt/local/bin", and the standard places (/usr/bin,
> /usr/local/bin, etc).  The extra two places are checked only if
> configuring on OSX.
>
> Do I need to add "/opt/bin" (for OSX only) as well?

In my OS X box with Darwinports installed, the only subdirectory
under /opt is /opt/local and everything else is under that.  Fink
installs stuff under /sw.  I had both Darwinports and fink installed
at one time, but there were occasional conflicts (which probably
could have been taken care of by ordering the $PATH and search
order).  I haven't tried compiling Xastir from scratch on that box
yet, but 'port install xastir' will bring in 1.8.0.

Bob, N7XY