[Xastir] Need Feedback: CVS, plus LSB Xastir info

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 15 12:47:30 EST 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Greg Eigsti wrote:
>
> > BAD - configure will recognize GraphicsMagick but it requires hacking
> > configure ('darwin=YES' hack)
> > BAD - building with GraphicsMagick still fails
>

> > Building with ImageMagick succeeds, though I do see quite a bit of
> > -I/opt/local/include/GraphicsMagick during the build, hmmmmm
>
> Where is GraphicsMagick installed on that system?  In particular
> what are the full paths to these files?
>
>     GraphicsMagick/magick/api.h
>     libGraphicsMagick.so

Also, did you try "--without-imagemagick" in that case?  It looks
like defining the "darwin" flag makes it think that you want both
ImageMagick AND GraphicsMagick compiled in, which causes havoc with
later code.  The normal mechanism doesn't allow both
HAVE_IMAGEMAGICK and HAVE_GRAPHICSMAGICK to be defined at the same
time.

I just rearranged the order of the #ifdef's which use these
variables in main.c.  More than likely this would have broken
ImageMagick and fixed GraphicsMagick for your instance, but putting
"--without-graphicsmagick" on the "./configure" line should allow
you to use ImageMagick again instead of GraphicsMagick.  In any
case, try it and let me know.  It should hit anonCVS any minute now.