[Xastir] OSX & Cygwin test please?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 18 22:57:01 EST 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, William McKeehan wrote:

> conftest.c:155: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot
> find -ldpstk
>
> Then it went on to test for ImageMagick. It failed with the same error.

That one bugs me.  If it actually found IM at that point there
shouldn't have been an error, so I wonder if I failed to restore
some variables after the GM test.  Another possibility is that GM
installed with the same names as IM, so either search would find the
GM library on Cygwin.

> I then removed GM from my cygwin setup and tried configure again. It found IM
> and seemed happy with it.

I have both GM and IM installed on Linux.  configure finds GM
unless I add the --without-graphicsmagick flag at which point it
finds and uses IM.  I kind'a halfway expected the same sort of
operation on Cygwin.  With the broken GM package there I now expect
it to do an auto-failover to the IM tests and compil IM in fine.  It
bugs me that it's not doing that.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer