[Xastir] Bitmap not found? /usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm

Henk Oegema on4hso at amsat.org
Thu Dec 21 11:14:49 EST 2006

Tom Russo wrote:
> config file is still telling it to look in /usr/share instead of
> /usr/local/share (the error message above references /usr/share).
> Check your .xastir/config/xastir.cnf file, especially the
> SYMBOLS_DIR setting.

I am nearly there !
Xastir will start now.

I moved all the maps from /usr/share/xastir/maps to
/usr/local/share/xastir/maps

But there is still a small problem.
There still seems to be a *reference somewhere to /usr/share/xastir/maps.*
I can't find it in .xastir/config/xastir.cnf (every instance of
/usr/share/ was changed to /usr/local/share/

error message in the CLI screen is:
2 File /usr/share/xastir/maps/bignl.gif could not be read

(when I copy all the files from /usr/local/share/xastir/maps back to
/usr/share/xastir/maps then it works again.)

73, ON4HSO