[Xastir] Transmitting objects

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Dec 21 08:57:11 EST 2006

On Dec 21, 2006, at 7:27 AM, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> Is there a script that exists that will let me do this?

There is some code that will connect to an APRS-IS server and
generate objects.

There is an xastir tool to feed date to an xastir-specific UDP port.

Of course, there's also some spiffy code in xastir that will create
objects and transmit them at a decaying interval.  If you're running
xastir just check the timing values (file -> configure -> timing),
create your objects, and let xastir do the rest.

I _think_ xastir also remembers the objects between runs, so this is
more or less a permanent thing (until you delete the objects, of
course).

-Jason
kg4wsv