[Xastir] Station Info dialog change

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 24 01:13:54 EST 2006

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, William McKeehan wrote:

> I'm watching a balloon today (WB8ELK-12) and have the Station Info dialog box
> up with Automatic Updated enabled. The balloon sends it's battery voltage,
> temperature, HDOP and #Sats in view in it's comment, so I have a list of
> comments. This list of past comments (the history is very valuable to keep and
> have visible) pushes down the other important bits of information (Altitude,
> course, speed, etc.).
>
> How difficult would it be to move the comments down below this information
> just above last position?

It can certainly be done.  Note also that if there's any weather
info for a station it appears before all of that other information
in the dialog.

First:  Xastir will only store/display 10 status lines and 10
comment lines, throwing away the oldest when a newer one comes in.
It does this by uniqueness, so if a station sends one that was seen
before then Xastir will just move it up to the top of the list.  So,
you can get up to 20 lines of this info listed.

You're proposing that we put the Comment and Status lines below
"Distance from my station:" but above the "Last Position:" line?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer