[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.10 Bootstrap error

Stephen Brown Jr stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 13:30:23 EST 2006

"I'm hoping to use it to build a ubuntu xastir livecd (we should probably
discuss a common set of features on the list).... its not starting out well
:)"

I totally support that idea, in fact I have toyed with the idea of creating
an Ubuntu ham radio version CD that is installable with commonly used ham
radio applications, Xastir being one of them.

As far as features, at a bare minimum I would love to see a fully featured
Xastir install and a fully working AX.25 stack out of the box, along with
maybe FBB etc. I tried to get FBB and AX.25 working under 6.06 and had
nothing but problems, could have been me I don't know lol.

Then maybe we could add in some of the more common stuff like gpsk, xlog,
etc. I would also like to mess with soundmodem some more, I never got that
working satisfactorily under Ubuntu either.

This distro has a lot of room to grow. I wish they would backport more of
the ham radio apps as building things under Ubuntu can sometimes be a pain
in the ass......

Stephen
N1VLV