[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.06 Boostrap

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Wed Nov 1 22:48:01 EST 2006

Hi Gang,

I checked out the latest CVS, and here are the results.

My apologies if this looks like deja-vu, it is, this is the same problem
I had with Ubuntu 5.10. But this is a different box, with a fresh
install on it.

I'd consult the original replies to my 5.10 problem, but that box has
been retired.

The check out went fine, no troubles reported.

darryl at Chatto:~/xastir$ ./bootstrap.sh
     6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
     5) Running aclocal...
./bootstrap.sh: line 16: aclocal: command not found
     4) Running autoheader...
./bootstrap.sh: line 19: autoheader: command not found
     3) Running autoconf...
./bootstrap.sh: line 22: autoconf: command not found
     2) Running automake...
./bootstrap.sh: line 26: automake: command not found
     1) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Not Found
        Attempting to copy it from system directories'
***ERROR: Couldn't copy the file***
Bootstrap complete.
darryl at Chatto:~/xastir$

If this is the same problem John Ronan had with automake, I can consult
that thread. Aclocal appears to be in play here too.

I did run bootstrap as sudo, with the same results.

Running ./configure results in file not found, for both sudo and me.

73
--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)